Skip sidebar navigation

Police Services and Resources

  • Accident Reports

    Get accident reports online through the BuyCrash System for a $16 fee.

    Or, get copy of an accident report by visiting the police department and paying a $10 report fee. The police department only accepts cash.

    Reports are typically available within 24 hours of being scanned.

    Contact information

    For assistance with BuyCrash call 1-866-495-4206 (available 6:00 am - 2:00 pm Monday through Friday) or contact the Gresham Police Department at 503-618-2318.

    Crime Victims' Services

    Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) : Victims can inquire about the status of an offender and register to be notified immediately in the event of an offender's release, escape, transfer or court appearance.

    Multnomah County Victim Assistance Program

    State of Oregon Crime Victims' Services

    East Metro Mediation

    Mediation can be an excellent way to work through a disagreement or conflict between two or more people.

    A meeting is run by an impartial mediator (coach), who provides a safe setting for both sides of the issue to be expressed. This is a free service provided to individuals and businesses in Gresham, Fairview, Troutdale, Wood Village and unincorporated Multnomah County.

    Learn more about East Metro Mediation services.


    The Gresham Police Department does not provide fingerprinting services to the public. These agencies provide fingerprinting services:  

    Clackamas County Training Facility: by appointment only

    Washington County Sheriff's Office no appointment needed

    Food Basket Delivery

    Call 503-618-2700 to request a Gresham Police food basket. 

    Food basket delivery is available to all citizens in the police department service area.

    Eligibility for services: to receive services one of these must apply:  

    • have someone 18 years old and younger dependent upon them
    • receive social security/ disability income
    • veterans/widowed veterans pension
    • over the age of 70

    Please speak slowly and clearly when providing the required information: your full name, address, telephone number and the number of family members in your household.

    Citizen Volunteers in Policing (CVIP)  will check the recorded message weekdays and call you on the day of delivery. 

    Allow up to three days for delivery.

    File a Police Report

    If this is an emergency, call 911.

    If the incident you wish to report fits the following criteria, you may file a police report online.

    • It is not an emergency.
    • It occurred within Gresham city limits.
    • There are no known suspects
    • It fits one of the following incident types:
      • Lost property
      • Theft
      • Identity theft
      • Theft from a vehicle
      • Vandalism
      • Vandalism from a motor vehicle

    Otherwise, call non-emergency dispatch at 503-823-3333.

    Neighborhood Enforcement Team (NET)

    Gresham Police's Neighborhood Enforcement Team (NET) is a proactive unit that works closely with property owners, property management companies and neighborhood associations to combat neighborhood livability issues.

    Read more about the Neighborhood Enforcement Team.

    Neighborhood Ready

    The City's crime prevention and disaster preparedness program for neighborhoods.  

    Start a Neighborhood Ready group.

    Prescription Drug Disposal

    Gresham residents may drop off unwanted prescription drugs at the Gresham Police Department, 1333 NW Eastman Parkway between 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.

    Anonymously dispose of unused, expired or unwanted prescription drugs by simply dropping the drugs in the slotted door.

    Read more about prescription drug disposal.

    Private Property Trespassing

    Notice of Trespass form

    As a business or property owner, you may need to trespass an individual from your property. This form does not cover multi-family dwellings.  

    Reasons for trespassing an individual may include: 

    •  Unreasonable noise
    • Violent or threatening behavior
    • Interfering with the use of the property
    • Littering
    • Using alcohol and/or drugs
    •  Damaging the property
    • Engaging in gang activity
    • Committing a criminal activity
    • Violating a Gresham Revised Code

    Read more about the private property trespassing process.

    Property and Evidence

    The Property and Evidence Section is staffed by two criminalists and two police technicians who are responsible for processing crime scenes, collecting evidence and accounting for all property associated with any given case. The property is stored until it can be returned to the legal owner, the case has been adjudicated in court or until the statute of limitations has expired. 

    Read more about property and evidence.

    Safe Exchange Zone

    The City has designated two parking stalls in front of the police department to help people be and feel safer while engaging in their free market exchange or offering families a neutral location for child custody transfers

    Positioned in the north end of the City Hall parking lot, in a well-lit area within view of the police department’s front doors, the stalls are clearly marked and under the unblinking eyes of multiple surveillance cameras.  

    If people are not able to conduct the exchange in the newly designated area, police recommend the following ways to better ensure a safe transaction:

    • Avoid being alone or outnumbered; take a friend or two with you.
    • Find a public and populated place to make the sale or purchase.
    • Arrange for the transaction to happen during daylight hours.
    • Give and accept small bills as payment; don't use or accept checks or gift cards.
    • Do not bring extra cash or open your wallet/purse in front of people.
    • Do not offer too much personal information.
    • Remember, if the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

    Social Services

    The City of Gresham does not provide social services, but does provide a list of local resources.

    Read more about local social services.


    The City has a process for a citizen to file a complaint in connection with a private property impound if the citizen believes a vehicle was wrongfully towed or they were overcharged. For more information contact Rebecca Danner at 503-618-2313 or

    Private Property Impound Ordinance

    The Private Property Impound (PPI) code requires any tower performing PPI tows in Gresham to obtain a free PPI license and comply with all aspects of the code, including the rate resolution, which sets maximum tow rates and storage charges.  

    Towing regulations and forms

    Vehicle Releases

    To better serve the Gresham community, and lessen the burden of releasing vehicles on Monday mornings, the Records Division now issues vehicle releases on Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. The doors will remain locked and we will remain closed to the public for other Police Records related business.